I’m tired from travelling so this is my review instead of a liveblog:
- The whole Spanish teacher story line was crap.
- It was completely unneeded and a clean cut case of a bad guest star. Not that Ricky was bad per se but the fact that they had a guest star at all. It was completely superfluous.
- Plus it meant there was some really poor song choices. I was fine with the Spanish thing but the songs themselves did little for me.
- Plus it meant that we had to sit through an entire episode about another one of Will’s emasculations by someone more charismatic than him.
- I fucking hate Will. He can go die.
- YOU DO NOT DISS THE PAMPHLETS MOTHER FUCKER! THE PAMPHLETS DISS YOU! Why are you with the guy, Emma? He’s a douche.
- I feel like whoever directed it needed to go back to school too. It was really sloppy. Especially the positioning of the performances. And basically it made me feel like the Spanish teacher story line was the ad breaks in between the real plots.
- And also, what was with Santana? It was a nice speech (kind of) but really out of character.
- AND SAM IS BUNKING AT KURT AND FINN’S? What even is that? So Sam is literally living hours away from his family and apparently they now tell us he’s been staying with Finn and Kurt. No.
- Was it just me or were there a lot of references to all things male genitalia. And also vaginas.
- Basically everything that wasn’t Will or the Spanish teacher plot.
- Thank god Sue was actually on screen again. I love all her scenes.
- Kurt/Rachel/Mercedes sleep over part 2 was awesome. I want more of that because it’s always gold.
- Samcedes tension was good. It’s nice to see a relationship sort of building rather than exploding. And it was a good tease.
- Kurt crushing on Ricky Martin
- Finn/Kurt being brothers.
- Emma being adorable.
- Will being hit by a bus - whoops I just imagined that glorious scene.